My Golf Philosophy

"I want to create a learning environment that my clients can flourish and see definite results in their games. I like to have fun while I teach and share the passion I have for the game with my students. Knowing how complicated this game can be, I aim to create a teaching environment that golfers can learn and understand my information clearly and quickly. Finding the cause and effect of what the ball is doing is the most important in diagnosing how to make changes for each individual student. I strive to tailor the lesson to my students learning style and capabilities."

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Lazy with the blogging!

Alright new year, new posting!  I will try to post at least once a week!

Here are some of my favorite golf books I have read that have really influenced my teaching.

On Plane by Jim Hardy
Swing the clubhead by Ernest Jones
Playing Golf by Percy Bloomer
Book of Drills by Jim McLean
Play the Wright Way by Mickie Wright


When I decided 8 years ago that I wanted to become a teaching professional, I asked every teacher I knew to tell me their favorite books about golf.  I have read several of these golf books and enjoyed everyone of them.  I also spent many hours observing golf lessons.  I found this was the most helpful in learning how to become a good instructor.  Beside learning from golf professionals, I observed my mom teach music to her young students, and I took private kickboxing lessons.  I found taking up a new sport I had never done before would help me to understand frustation my students have on the driving range or golf course.  Kickboxing was eyeopening.  Not only are you learning how to excute proper kicks and punches, but you have to be aware of your opponent and what they are doing.  It took a lot of physical and mental focus.  And helped me to be more understanding of my students!

No comments:

Post a Comment