My Golf Philosophy

"I want to create a learning environment that my clients can flourish and see definite results in their games. I like to have fun while I teach and share the passion I have for the game with my students. Knowing how complicated this game can be, I aim to create a teaching environment that golfers can learn and understand my information clearly and quickly. Finding the cause and effect of what the ball is doing is the most important in diagnosing how to make changes for each individual student. I strive to tailor the lesson to my students learning style and capabilities."

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Putting Drill

Recently, I gave a lesson to a student who was really struggling with her putting. She was decelerating into the ball with her stroke - almost like she was afraid to make the putt. After checking the length of her backswing, which I found good for the length of putt she was attempting, I decided to address the acceleration through the ball.

I showed her a quick and easy drill to help her overcome her fear of failure. I placed a tee in the ground behind the hole as shown in the photo below. Then, I made her putt to the tee, changing her focus from the hole to the tee. She immediately started to roll the ball into the hole with an accelerating stroke.

I recommend this drill to those of you who are missing your putts, long or short of the hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment