My Golf Philosophy

"I want to create a learning environment that my clients can flourish and see definite results in their games. I like to have fun while I teach and share the passion I have for the game with my students. Knowing how complicated this game can be, I aim to create a teaching environment that golfers can learn and understand my information clearly and quickly. Finding the cause and effect of what the ball is doing is the most important in diagnosing how to make changes for each individual student. I strive to tailor the lesson to my students learning style and capabilities."

Friday, October 26, 2012

Winter Time Practice - What to do?

One of my students today was chatting with me about how to make the most of his winter downtime in regards to his golf swing. I think this is a great question to ask yourself as we move into our winter season. Many of you may not be able to go to a warmer climate during the winter, so here are two goals I would suggest to help your game while there is snow on the ground:
1. Get golf stronger
2. Strengthen your mental game

Get golf stronger -
By this I mean, many of you are already in the gym staying fit and healthy. Wouldn't it be great to be able to incorporate some exersices that can make your golf swing better and stronger? Many of the people around you (fitness, medical, and golf professionals) have been certified in TPI. Each professional can take up to 3 certification levels through the Titliest Proformance Institute to become certified as a TPI instructor. You can check out how this can help you find a pro who can help you get golf stronger www.mytpi.com

Strengthen your mental game -
This is an huge part of the game and it is probably the most overlooked by amateur golfers. I would encourage everyone to do a little research into mental golf books or dvds this winter. Why not challenge yourself to get mentally better at the game while you are looking out at the snow on the ground? I have a few here that are great -
Zen Golf by Dr. Joseph Parent
Fearless Golf by Dr. Gio Valiante
Play your best golf now by Lynn Marriott and Pia Nilsson
any book by Dr. Bob Rotella
The Inner Game of Golf by W. Timothy Gallway

No comments:

Post a Comment